Saturday, August 1, 2026

Waxing Poetic

A little more ramblings of what's on my mind lately.


I'm still overthinking thinking about decisions. An interesting distinction is "what I want" vs "what I need." This came into play this week. There was something I would've jumped to do another time, but this week ahead was not the week. If I said yes, I would be overwhelmed, tired, even a bit resentful. In the past, I would've said yes because it's something I wanted to do so I SHOULD find a way to do it. 

When (if) I ask the universe to give me these kind of opportunities (experiences), and they come up, I should automatically say yes. Right?!?

But I NEEDED something different. 

I said no. 
And I'm disappointed. 
And I know this was absolutely the right decision for me.   

Slowly learning. 


Another little thing on my mind is a meditation practice from Martha Beck. You imagine a perfect ordinary day in your life ahead using all your senses. It's a fun (but long) meditation. 

There's a part in the visualization that I see myself walking in the morning to a coffeeshop. I'm carrying garden veggies and some jars with flowers and herbs. I'm meeting people I know and we're talking and such. It's not a coffee date, just meeting up with people at the coffeeshop. I'm sharing the garden stuff. Talking, laughing, feeling community, familiar friendly faces. 

I've seen this in the mediation for a few years. And it now happens most Friday mornings. Of course the picture in my head is a different look (but not as different as you'd think), but it's that imagined image in real life. I walked to the coffeeshop yesterday, skirt flowing in the breeze, carrying a vase of herbs and a cooler of cucumbers. 

The FEELING matched that meditation feeling exactly.

It makes me excited to think about the other aspects of that "perfect ordinary day."

I believe it's less about manifesting ANYTHING and more about your subconscious knowing what you want or knowing what's in store for your life if you listen. I wouldn't imagine singing in a musical, for example, even though I'm fascinated with those who do that well. 


Anyway ... those are my thoughts on a Saturday morning. 


I'm solo today without a car. Hubby is taking my car to Asheville to deliver a beverage refrigerator because ours broke. He needs a bigger car. I won't drive his lol (long story, nothing bad). 

This means a morning of walking -- farmers market and library return and then a day at home. 

Feels like a FS kind of day. That might be why I have all this kind of stuff on my mind. 

Farmer's market.
Painting.
Making soup. 
Fussing around my plants. 
Meditation (maybe a "perfect ordinary day" ... hmmmm). 

As I often say, I need to use this day for good, not evil. Taking the time to do the things that make me feel good (a.k.a not be a snacking sofa slug all day).

I hope you have a good day. 
Off to walk with Duke to the market. 
Living in a walking town is a luxury I'm forever grateful for and hope I never take it for granted. 
Later gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment