I followed up with the tomato order I sent last week. The stand was stocked on Monday with tomatoes (per notification on social media), but I had already ordered them for Wednesday. Now there aren't any available for Wednesday. "Nothing is ripe." Okay, but I guess you weren't going to tell me?? It's a 40 minute drive to get there. They take orders. I would've gone on Monday and taken those.
Now I'm on the hunt for good slicing tomatoes since these are the star of my supper menu for Friday.
It's a wrench in my plans because I don't have the time to drive all over, looking, etc. They need to be ripe enough too. It's like looking for avocados at the last minute -- you can get burned by only green ones available and not enough time to ripen.
If I can't find what I'm looking for today, I have to pivot the menu for Friday and that's a bunch of work on short order.
Hubby was right -- simple, easy backfired. I'm trying to be unbothered. This is about gathering ladies together for a fun night of chatting, music, friendship. It's not about a tomato.
I wish I was this person.
I try to be this person.
I'm clearly not.
Little annoyances are popping up all over the place this week too.
Energy matching energy.
I'm waiting to hear about the furniture delivery tomorrow. I was supposed to get the time window on Monday, but didn't. I called and "it's coming, you'll have the window by Thursday morning at the latest." Isn't that a little late to know?? So everything is on hold for Thursday.
All my complaining and today is just about finding tomatoes AND a massage. How is this a horrible day?? Of course, it really isn't, but you know the tomato drama, now let me tell you about the massage saga.
The massage ... she's local, recommended by my hairdresser's chiropractor. I made the first available appointment weeks ago because of the neck pain. I'm looking for a local massage option so I don't always need to go to Asheville. The fact that this is who a chiropractor uses feels like a solid recommendation and worth the drive.
Here's the catch (warned you it was a mood). My neck isn't ready for a massage (per PT) so I need to exclude neck and upper back. This is the best part and the reason I booked an appointment. She's a one woman show who rents space, gets a babysitter for young children. Can't cancel. I guess it'll be an opportunity to see if she's an option going forward, but the timing isn't good.
And, in TMI news, my stomach is upset from too much fiber yesterday and I'm a smelly, noisy, wind tunnel this morning. Lord, I hope this ends before the massage -- for both our sakes. It's so bad, I actually dreamt about it. You know when you have a full bladder and you dream about it until it wakes you up ... that was this hah. Can you imagine if I relax and let one rip during the massage?!!? Heaven help me.
On that lovely image, I'll say goodbye.
Have a good day.
Maybe I'll be happily stocked with tomatoes and gas-free by the time I'm back tomorrow.
Later gators.
No comments:
Post a Comment