Today is that big, full day I said was building as the week went along. It's not so full that it's too much, it's full of activities that will put strain on my neck.
Should I have changed this day up? Maybe, but I didn't.
I did make some better choices for yesterday. I usually do an evening sign waving and I decided not to go to rest my neck. Good choice.
I keep reminding myself it'll be a good day. Do the PT exercises, take Advil, ice, and I'll be okay.
While I kept my plans for today, I am modifying things to help. New chair for the concert that's better for my posture. Dropping a car so I don't have to carry said very heavy chair home. Using a different hiking pack this morning.
Anyway, the furniture came yesterday. I love the look, BUT had no idea that it's made of iron. Heavy as all get back. It feels like a fancy filing cabinet and every touch leaves a fingerprint. Good lord. I didn't even consider looking at the material -- it's always wood or a composite. IRON, Pottery Barn?!? Why??
I hate making a mistake like this -- geez.
Organizing the closet over the next week or so. Have to work around things-that-bother-my-neck so it'll be a slow roll. I moved them back a little and I'll get a 3x5 rug to sit in front. There's also a strange hook on the back to secure them to a wall and it's preventing them from sitting flush. Maybe I can take off the hooks. They're short and sturdy -- not worried about them tipping over.
I also made better decision for tomorrow. There's a hike that I pulled out because it's too much after today. I'm going to an author talk in the afternoon and that's all. If I feel well enough, I'll start closet organizing, but I want a slow-roll morning and ease on my neck. (Are you sick of hearing about my neck hah!!)
You know I overthink some things everything. Here's my overthink today. Bare with me as I try to explain.
I want to be someone who hosts.
I want to gather friends in a fun way.
I want connection.
Tonight is THAT. I'm Priya Parker-ing the evening. It's a curated group of ladies. It has a purpose and a specificity.
But am I enjoying it? I don't know. Maybe because of other things going on (hello, neck)??
Here's me being petty. I asked people not to bring things and I'm having to insist too hard that they listen. Otherwise, we'll have WAY TOO much food and the cooking I'm doing will be wasted. I know women like to help, but please just come and enjoy the tomato-themed supper. Someone is bringing a dessert and she insisted. Okay. Pretty please no one else show up with food -- in the name of being helpful, it's actually rude.
Also, per PP event planning, I sent a text and told people to come prepared to defend Piano Man vs Rocket Man (it's the cover band tonight). Choose a side, pick a winner. Some fun tension. Everyone responded in the text -- "I like them both, could never decide." Come on ladies. Also, this was meant to be DISCUSSED, not a text response.
I'm going to post in the Group Life discussion board after tonight. How do you host like a Group Lifer if guests don't know how to do it and don't LISTEN? I'll see if I can get a better discussion going at the table tonight.
So I'm overthinking whether this is worth it if it's not actually working out. Is it fun? Can I make it fun? Does it get better with practice? Is there a better way? A simpler way? Is it actually working out, but I'm expecting something too perfect? Questions, no answers.
Maybe some answers after tonight. I need to overthink about it.
Best get going -- it's another rushed morning. Just waiting for it to get light to get started.
Have a good day. Later gators.
No comments:
Post a Comment