Wednesday, August 5, 2026

IMAX 70mm

The movie and IMAX 70 experience was fantastic. 
Maybe because it's been a long minute since I've been to a movie theater?
Maybe because it was a matinee?

I don't know, but I loved both. 
Hubby didn't love the movie or the IMAX -- enjoyed it, didn't love it.
It surprised me how much I did.

You could feel the vibrations all around from the sound system. It was so immersive. Hubby thought the theater was too light, but it wasn't from ambient lighting, it was because the screen was enormous. 

Lots of action and violence, but many tender parts too. And, I cried at the one part -- no spoilers, but it was beautiful scene with an animal. 





I have PT today. My shoulder feels really good this morning. That said, I'm not doing my normal workouts, etc so not sure if things will go right back when I get back at it. I'm most curious about today and hope to get the go-ahead to start pilates. 


I have a lunch "outing" with a friend, maybe friends. We planned this day for our friend who lost her husband. Her idea, etc. She might be backing out for another social option. Now, I want to give her all the grace she needs and this is a time when she should do what's best for her ... but ... this is very typical of her. Other plans means she bails and doesn't bail until plans are being confirmed/reminded the day before. 
No way either of us would go to this trouble to meet at this place, on this day, etc. Since she's a "maybe" we're still going. It'll be nice and such, but geez. As often, I complain she needs to be proactive about canceling. This is why you don't make plans with her more than a couple days ahead. It's noted for next time.

I'm still engaging with her, etc. but moving back toward my quiet boundary about making plans with her. Of course, I'll be available for favors, etc, but a more specific available for social stuff. She's another someone I only make plans that I don't mind if she cancels or changes to a last minute maybe (i.e. something I'd happily do anyway or either way). Today was not that. 

BTW, I understand. I really think she needs to think most about herself right now and what that is changes day to day. But, she's done this for the 13 years we've been friends and that's why I know I need to go back to my unspoken boundaries. 


I'll round out the evening at a garden meeting to set up for donations to a local food bank. I'm slightly on the fence about whether I qualify with enough to donate (especially for a fall garden). It's at no cost to them or me, so I expect I'll give it a go and see if it makes sense to continue for next year's summer garden when I know I'll have donations. 

Speaking of the garden, it's almost time to pull most of it. I've pulled a couple of things -- cucumbers, early beans, tomato plant. Time for more to go. I have a second planting of some things growing (beans, cucumbers), but I need room for the fall plants in the next couple of weeks. 


Hubby leaves on Saturday for 8 day golf trip (staying at a friend's house) so I have a lot of solo time coming up. That's when I like to get into the gardening projects. 


Have a good day. I hope I'll have good PT news to report. Later gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment