The area behind my neck -- where I have a hump is so sore to the touch. It's strange. No issue when I move my head, but feels like a massive bruise. PT said this should help the hump go away. I'll take this as a sign it's working. I'm religiously doing the exercise.
The hike was fine on my neck, but I had to cut it short because of thunderstorms. I loaded the waist bag and hated the way it felt -- just asking for a lower back problem. I switched to a full hiking backpack with a waist and chest strap. That worked well. End of an era with my old blue pack. I'll return the other bag.
Hiked with my mushroom friend.
Mushrooms out in force AND the spiders are back for the season. Holy hell. It was awful. We looked like a couple of nuts the way we had to maneuver around them (I almost fell backwards on my bum).
Once more people hit the trails, it was better. Early bird gets the webs this time of year. Webs are huge, spiders are moderate, but will grow massive as the season continues -- size of the palm of a hand. The spiders aren't particularly scary YET, but their webs are so dang thick like sticky strings. AWFUL!!! (and invasive). They can rebuild an entire web in 30 minutes.
This is also the friend who invited me to pick, make, can peach jam with her mom using an old family recipe. We have the dates set for 2 weeks from now. Again, can't tell you how excited I am about it. I love, love, love this invitation! It'll take up most of the week, and I gladly held the calendar open.
Sign waving was fantastic again. Standing Thursday evening permit to gather. Supporting our neighbors who desperately need the support. The waves, horns, smiles -- it's the very LEAST we can do. It feels good to be in community.
I have a fun evening with a friend at a Picasso Portrait class tonight. She belongs to a study on mental health and the arts. Every month she gets 2 free tickets to a choice an art event. She asked me to go this time. It's in the city (dang, traffic), but we'll go early and get dinner. I'm really looking forward to it, but not to the late evening. Brushing off my big girl panties and going out on a Friday night lol. Plus driving in traffic with storms -- not great for my neck, but I'm not missing this opportunity or asking her to drive.
Full morning to get ready for my regular Friday coffee meeting. Hope you have a good one. Ready yourself for my art reveal tomorrow hahahaha!! Later gators.
No comments:
Post a Comment