Friday, August 21, 2026

Jelly

Peach Fest is rolling now.
We have jelly.
40 half pints.

It's good -- very peachy and sweet. 



Look at the color.

Canned inside.



Day off today while the rest of the peaches ripen. 

Canning 1/2 peaches on Saturday and possibly making jam with the peaches we tried to blanch (they're turning a bit off now). We'll try the HUGE outdoor pot again, but that's where a lot of the trouble started. I'm not convinced, but maybe we learned from our mistakes hah.

I have no idea how we'll finish it in one day. There's so much more to do. It's been a lot of fun though, but is canning my new hobby?!? Still on the fence. Smaller batch canning? Savory instead? Maybe. It's a lot of work with some scary bits. I felt like we were handling a nuclear reactor at times. 

Explosion.
Burn.
All possible -- eeek. 


I had a really lovely, full day. 
FS visualization that's now reality. 
Things I love to do all wrapped up in one day.

I ran. 
I gardened.
I walked Duke.
I walked to errands (dry cleaner and thrift store)
Shopped the thrift store (50% off day -- got a dress, scarf, blazer).
Grabbed an iced tea and finished a good book (5/5). Cried sitting outside. Such a beautiful book.


Heartwarming.
Heartbreaking.
Incredible ending and last page.


Then spent 5 hours canning jelly with beautiful women. Learning. Hearing stories. Laughing. It was amazing. And, lots and lots of pretty jelly.



For some reason, I slept horribly and I feel it this morning. Maybe a bit much on the old bod yesterday. So many neck exercises with added arm rehab too. I'm tired, swollen, rundown. Storms didn't help. They started around 3 o'clock and I was awake from that point. 

I'm going to forego cardio workout today. Recovery day -- listening to my body. 
Still need to do all the neck PT exercises though.



Friday coffee.
4 library book pickup -- geez. Best get reading.
Grocery shopping.
Car service.
Late lunch with hubby. 
EARLY bed. 


Hope your week went well. Later gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment