GM from Asheville.
I didn't find any "Dear Diary" entries (I looked), but I have a few pictures. I got into Asheville and decided to walk to lunch and Trader Joe's. Since I walk around town so much at home, the walk felt like nothing (even the hill at the end). Limited to one bag of groceries. I wanted to get some snacks for the kids' visit.
![]() |
| Three drinks and a book. Waiting for lunch. My annual PSL for the season. |
![]() |
| In the bathroom. |
![]() |
| Biggest watermelon. Is it actually a watermelon? |
![]() |
| More bathroom wisdom. |
Spent the rest of the day setting up the house, little bit of fall decor, making up beds, LFL re-stock (totally empty). It hits differently than a big clean (which will be next visit) so it felt more fun than hard. No point in going crazy when the house will have 8 people staying here and it will be a mess after.
Bear in the street -- no picture. They're filling up for the winter with all the acorns dropping from the trees.
Using the big rental truck to take home a couple of things that could never fit in my car. That's a win for having to drive it.
I checked in with the car dealership and with a bunch of back-n-forth, we're getting the replacement car this afternoon. I'm proud how I showed up for this situation. Proud of asking for something that wasn't being offered. Calmly. Reasonably.
New car just in time for a weekend of significant storms. I'm not taking it out if I can help it -- geez.
(I was looking at weather for Asheville. Looks like our rain is only on Saturday in GA.)
Why do I expect we'll lose power this weekend? It's very likely at BOTH houses with this storm. So many fall festivals impacted and such a disappointment for people getting married. The weekend is another wash -- second one in a row for October.
If no power, then lots of reading time. I'm reading the above book (The Reformatory). Well recommended, highly reviewed. And BORING. I'm halfway on a 500+ book and it's the same-same for 250 pages. I googled and apparently the second half gets really good so I'm hanging in. I'm not convinced yet, but a lot of reviews say the first half IS boring with a very long setup for the excellent second half.
I did something last night that I probably have only done as a child. Slept on top of the bed. Used a blanket under me and one over me. I wanted to wash sheets yesterday and not today so I did. Hah. It was fine and not uncomfortable. I sleep in a specific position with the neck pillow so it wasn't a problem. Ta-da -- bed is ready for company.
I'm trying to figure out my workout schedule this week. I need to get significant hiking time without aggravating anything. New shoes are expected tomorrow. I'm not planning to hike until I get the shoes. All this to say -- should I run today? I want to (as much as I ever "really" want to) but I need to keep my body (and feet) happy for the hiking miles this week.
Me being a wuss? Me being smart? Eeeek, I don't know. Decisions, decisions.
Okay, I'm going to pass. I need to get on the road rather early today. My sister is stopping by to pick up donations then I'm leaving. Running and road trip don't work well for my body so I'm not going to push it today. The week opened up since the car gets exchanged today.
I'm shouting to the universe and calendar gods that it stays open. Doing everything I can on my end.
Okay, time to get packing up.
Have a very good start to the weekend.
I'll be on the lookout for "dear diary" moments.
Later gators.






No comments:
Post a Comment