Monday, October 5, 2026

Monday -- The Good Kind??

This Monday isn't my usual Monday love. 


It's a day of my least favorite chores (indoor plants and monthly paperwork) AND we pick up the car. It's going to be a battle. My guess is they still won't "find" anything "really" wrong with the car and then I'm left taking my chances it doesn't happen again. 

Nothing like having a new car that shakes violently, alerts, won't drive ... and a service department that says the computer shows nothing but some engine misfires. "Great news, nothing's broken." I can't even with this logic and attitude. 


Anyway, the cake was a hit. Delicious. Everyone enjoyed it. Yep, I ate way too much, but totally worth it. Cakes by Courtney knows how to do a cake recipe -- especially her frostings. I'm not usually a frosting fan, but I love hers. My grandson said "I love the cream." 



Regret topping with the
toffee crunch because it
was hard to cut.

Black chocolate cake.
3 layers. Tastes a little
like a leveled-up Oreo.



Family said the chili was also "the best." I used a new recipe from Half Baked Harvest and the spices were a little different. She recommends make ahead and reheat for better flavor melding. Of course, it was the first fall cooking of the season and that always tastes a little better. 


I enjoyed the HS call too. Just 4 of us and we used teams instead of zoom. It was a better flow to the conversation. We've also decided to do a text thread instead of messenger to communicate this year until our friend goes overseas again.


UPDATE: Got a call from the car service department with an explanation that seems reasonable. If it is the reason, it won't happen again and then it can be forgotten. Fingers crossed. This was the head service tech and his attitude was a lot better -- and I told him I appreciated that he acknowledged the frustration. I'll pick it up today. 


Also, in other good-service news, the roofer who ghosted us for 2 weeks, stopped by yesterday during the rain to make sure the leak held and it did. Maybe it's fixed too after two floods? He was really kind to stop by to check. 


Maybe Monday is shaping up better than expected. 
THAT would be a great theme for the week. 
The good kind of Monday showing up.


New week, new start. Have a good one. 
Later gators. 

No comments:

Post a Comment