I feel more like myself again.
When this happens, I wonder if it's hormonal or circumstantial or stress. Something goes sideways and I have to fight to want to do anything. Fight the feeling of burying in the bed and ignoring the world.
I pushed past that feeling, got a few things worked out, feel more myself again. I hope THIS feeling stays for a bit.
I'm hiking mid-morning. Weather is cooler so I don't have to get out at the crack of dawn. If my foot stays happy, I'll hike 10 miles. If not, I'll go as long as I can. Trying to build up for the higher level hikes coming up.
I'll leave for Asheville early morning tomorrow and come home Friday afternoon. There's a big storm front again over the weekend and I don't want to drive over the mountain in this rental car durning a storm. Fast turnaround.
Get in.
Clean.
Sheets.
Setup.
Maybe a mountain walk and coffee Friday morning.
Things we do for our kids.
This little one was on the porch pillar. Gave him a toss into the woods -- not good for the garden.
P.S. I donated another 4 pounds of peppers yesterday. That never gets old, always a delight. The food bank was excited to get a midweek donation and that's such a good feeling.
P.P.S. Made a big eggplant stew with the final 7 eggplants -- that plant went crazy late summer.
I haven't been taking as many pictures lately.
This is part of the off-kilter.
Forgetting the basics.
I'm not staying present enough to notice.
I can feel the difference.
I saw this account on IG that takes pictures and uses imagination to describe them.
There was a picture of an orange cone up against a stretched out hose -- "watched a cone cross the finish line and win the race."
The pictures are so endearing with the whimsy caption.
I might give this a try -- one a day. I'll see what I find.
I've neglected all-things-creative lately. I haven't painted a rock in MONTHS and MONTHS (in part because of my neck). My fall garden is dismal. Planted for the food bank, but MY planting is bonking. I need to clear out the rest of the summer garden next week and get busy. Might be a little late in the season.
I'm not sure I should "declare" anything for October given the summer declaration flop (hah), but I want a focus.
I have space in the calendar -- filling, but still space.
I want to use that space for getting back to MY basics.
Rock painting.
Creative moments (need a Christmas project idea)
Visualization meditation.
Garden.
Spooky reading -- mood reading.
Hiking.
That energy is back today.
*Please don't be too fleeting*
On that note, I'm going to get moving for a meditation before the hike. Yesterday I couldn't muster one tiny bit of desire to hike, today I'm excited to get on the trail.
What a difference a day makes.
Fresh start.
I hope you get the same if you need one.
Later gators.

No comments:
Post a Comment