Yesterday was a good day.
I found a couple of moments to have quiet time, me-time kind of moments squeezed into an otherwise full day. An extra walk along the river ahead of the road cleanup. Stopped for a favorite iced tea to take on errands. Both were surprisingly rewarding, probably because they were intentionally "labeled" as something I'm doing for me.
I'm going to try to clean up some attitude I have about today too.
Starts with an early run at first light because it's so dang hot. I need a run before the race this weekend. Rushed mornings are so aggrevating to me lately. I was up several times during the night because my dog had the runs (thankfully no accidents) so getting up early was hard. I've been extra cranky about the weather -- putting a damper on my outside fitness enjoyment. WHEN WILL IT END?!?! Not this week.
Then I'm heading all the way to midtown to thrift with my aunt. Of course, I love spending time with her (and I enjoy thrifting), but there's a little mixed-bag energy lately. She's overly crazed about thrifting, on a GLP-1 (so we don't eat anymore). It's too intense of a shopping experience for me and this one's a long drive. I haven't had the time for this day and she's been asking for weeks and weeks. It's not how I'd choose to spend today because September is so full. But here we are and I'll have a good time. I'm looking forward to seeing her, but wish it was a shorter, different plan for today.
Then meetings - from 6-10 o'clock. Zoom for an hour in the car ahead of a 3 hour meeting tonight. Both important and totally washing out my evening.
My least favorite kind of day -- rushed morning, late evening. Bookended day.
I will try to slip little bits of quiet today too. Maybe this is the answer on these kind of days. Also, taking pictures of little moments. I noticed I stopped doing that regularly and that means I'm not noticing as much.
On that note, meditation has been few and far between. I've usually meditate after exercise (pairing the habit and my mind is more settled after a workout), but today I'm doing it ahead. Not my preference, but preferences are often just what's been practiced. I need to think and do a little differently or nothing will change.
Have a great day.
Later gators.
No comments:
Post a Comment