Week is ticking away toward our trip.
Why is it so much work to go away?
On that note, total NOPE to the hike on Thursday. Why did I even consider it? Geez. There's no time.
On medications for my ear. Not improving yet. Fingers crossed for flying.
Tuesday lunch was good. "That" person was pleasant and chatty. Maybe because I brought her a little gift -- it was quite perfect for her (cost $2) and I like doing that kind of thing. Smoothing the waters now since I have my boundaries well in place seems like the best thing to do. Being in the group here and there WITHOUT tension. We'll see if it lasts.
Volunteer home visit was long and the traffic horrible, but I left early to avoid the worst of it and was able to run a couple of errands while I waited for the appointment time. I like when that happens.
I'm not in travel anxiety yet, but I am in the dread phase.
There's the trip and there's the time before the trip. A four day weekend ends up being a lot more because of the days leading up to it. Still have regular life, but add trip prep to it. I'm over it before I even leave for the trip.
This one will be LATE nights -- all three. I'll need recovery on the other end.
Do I need to be like this?
Am I really this inflexible?
Or is it really a lot of work?
"Too much" is my forever complaint these days. I can't seem to simplify. I'm going to work on changing the perspective. It's always the same, so maybe I need a different approach, different story about it.
The garden needs prep before I leave. Setting up for someone to water pots, etc.
My dog needs to go to a sitter which requires packing him, arrangements, etc.
Packing outfits for all the events -- from party to bonfire to outdoor to day trip.
Gift for the party -- buy, wrap.
Clean out the refrigerator.
Prep the house -- mail, trash, etc.
And, I still want to have my regular life. If I stop "the usual" anytime something is on the horizon, I'd rarely get to do the things I want to do with consistency. Goodness. Time seems extra condensed lately.
Okay, enough of that (for today, at least lol).
I'm hiking this morning -- solo so early and fast.
PT in the afternoon -- curious about next steps.
Trip prep to finish out the day -- as much as I can muster.
Have a good one. Later gators.
No comments:
Post a Comment