Tuesday, September 8, 2026

I'm Home

Home sweet home. 

We had a nice weekend. It was great to see the family and really important that we made the effort. My aunt has come to all my family things (showers, weddings, etc). Also, my other aunt and uncle aren't well so it was good to see them too. 

Half the family lives in Atlanta -- it was funny to travel up north just to get together. It was Atlanta and Buffalo crew only.

The weekend was "organized" by the scattered family so it was a free-for-all with lots of plans that didn't amount to anything. Nothing new there, but we still had a good time. 



Lady bug at our table.

Charlie the Butcher
Beef on wek







Weather was lovely. Cooler, lower humidity. Still awfully warm in the sun though. Didn't get to wear the flannel lol -- STILL summer clothes, but I wore jeans one day.


Update on me.

Ear: slowly improving and I survived the plane without too much issue.
Neck: okay, but back to more frequent PT maneuvers this week because it's stiff
Back: threw it out on Sunday after a really good run -- dang. Bent over and bam. 


Back is muscular. Best when moving around. Going from sitting to standing is a bitch though. Travel day did me no favors. Hoping for improvement today. It usually lasts about 5 days. Have no idea what I'll need to modify this week. 


What's today, no one asked??

It's a grandson day. I'm the reader in his school this morning -- so fun. Pretty please no sitting on the floor with my back. Eeeek. 9 slots over 3 days. Only 3 slots filled -- 2 are his grandmothers. Love!! P.S. It's grandparents week, hence the readers. Also a tea on Friday. 

Then babysitting in the afternoon. Tuesdays are often my pickup day. Hot wheels and snacks. 


Can I say that finding a book to read to 2 year olds is harder than you'd think. So many books are strange, or get scary. I'm not a clutch-my-pearls person, but these are 2 year olds. A book about the alphabet climbing a tree -- fun. They know their ABCs so let's read it. The ABCs climb the tree and then all fall and get really hurt. WTH? The book describes each letter's injury. Then ends with the letter A starting to climb again.

Some are so strange that I can't even find the story in it. How will THAT hold attention. 

Luckily I found one -- See You Later Alligator. A turtle says good-bye to all his friends before going on a walk. It's all expressions for good-bye to each animal friend. BTW, I've never read out loud to a classroom of pre-schoolers. This will be an adventure of sorts today.


The week is a mixed bag of chores (ugh, indoor plant watering), volunteer work (dang court report), and social things. It's a quick turnaround from travel to the week. September is a BIG month with lots and lots. Too much. I'm absolutely trying to hold space, but it's tough. Same story, different week. October is clear enough that I can start my scheduling holds and see if that helps. 


Best get going. Glad to be home.
Have a great Tuesday. Later gators. 

No comments:

Post a Comment