Incredible massage.
Worth coming up to Asheville.
Worth the $$.
I'm all loosey-goosey.
I came straight home after the massage -- too relaxed to do anything else.
No teahouse.
No meal out (ate what I brought from home -- turns out that was a good decision).
I listened to a couple of webinars that I hadn't gotten to -- quiet and relaxing.
I also started a few practice drawings. A friend belongs to a wellness study and gets free tickets to things -- she gets to bring a companion.
She's taking me to a Picasso Portrait painting class. I'm cheating a little and practicing from tutorials. I don't have paints in Asheville so I'll give it a go when I get home. I'm practicing because I have a hard time be artistic in a group setting -- not enough time to contemplate. No quiet space to figure it out. It's not because I want to be "good" haha. It's about wanting to have the creative ideas already brewing. I have no idea what the class will be like and this might not help, but it's actually kind of fun. I plan to do a "real" painting for my bedroom art wall.
Stay tuned for the colored version Picasso style.
Then DRAMA.
Tornado warning, seek shelter immediately.
So scary. I was in the basement for an hour. Storm was sudden and massive. Tornado missed us by a few miles. When the warning came it was that strange light in the sky with absolute stillness. No sounds, no breeze. That's when you know it's serious. Then bam!!!
Lost power for 10 hours (glad I ate the food, everything else is getting pitched.)
What a night and I'm grateful nothing is damaged.
I have no idea what the situation is in other areas -- I'll find out today. So many rescue sirens after the storm (for hours). Also, who knew Asheville had tornado sirens? That's an ominous sound (I remember from living in Ohio as a kid.)
That was a full range day. Ultimate relaxation to ultimate stress.
On another note ...
I started inviting some girlfriends to a Summer Supper (tomato themed --- hopefully still available at the farm) before the outdoor concert in August. Ladies only. Part of hosting something easy and themed. I'm going to practice some Priya Parker gathering ideas. Stay tuned.
A friend declined since she's out of town, but invited me to come along the following week with her and her visiting mom to a peach farm and then home to make peach preserves. YES!!!!!! Couldn't say it fast and loud enough. How stinking fun is this?!?! Once I learn, totally taking this idea for future gatherings.
I love, love, love finding creative friends.
Now for today.
Thrift crawl in Black Mountain (assuming no lingering storm stuff)
Lunch at a South African restaurant.
But first, mountain walk. Bears?!?! Maybe. Nothing too long, but I'd like a little nature time before a shopping day. Also assuming there aren't too many down trees, etc.
Needless to say, I had a crappy night's sleep. I have ZERO sleep resilience. It did feel like camping with the windows open and no fan noise. I heard ALL the critters. Power crews arrived a little before 4 o'clock and that woke me up for the morning. Lord, they've had a long night.
Maybe I need to work on sleep resilience a bit ... especially if I hope to do a hiking trip with the club. None of the luxuries of home AND a roommate for 8 nights. Eeek.
I hope for a less eventful day.
Hope you're having a good week.
Later gators.
No comments:
Post a Comment