Saturday, July 25, 2026

Churning and Burning Stomach

I'm "planning" a bit of a morning sprint of activities ... but my stomach is upset so I'm in a holding pattern. It was bothering me enough that I dreamt I had a stomach ache and it woke me up several times. Maybe the magnesium I started?? It's not the one for constipation, but I wonder if that's upsetting my GI system. 

If all settles, here's the plan.

An outside run (in about 45 minutes so my stomach needs to settle soon). First in too long so I can expect to be sore. "Starting over" sucks, but a means to an end. Dang. 

Dog walk through the farmers market and the library for a drop off. He loves this walk and I'd be happy to have some fresh veggies.

Coffeehouse meetup to get postcard script for a local candidate (not in my district, but I really like her so I'm helping with her campaign). I'm the point person for our group and am actively recruiting help.

Add a shower, track setup, toy setup for a 10 o'clock drop off. Babysitting solo all day while the kids and hubby finalize the move out and prep of the townhouse for closing next week. I mention solo because I have to be ready with all the things. No helper hands or someone to keep an eye while I setup. 

Good news ... heavy rains most of the day yesterday and all my outside gals are watered. Yea!!! Such a time saver. Delights me even though it's actually a bit too much water at this point in the humid summer. Hello, fungus and mold.


I've promised book talk and keep reneging on that promise. Here's a little bit. 

I had no idea Stacey Abrams wrote fiction (yep, that SA). It was a really smart book about AI and murder. I liked it, but the subject matter was a bit close to home and gave me all the AI worries that are plaguing us right now. That's my only critique -- I'd absolutely read more of her suspense writing. Pro tip: have a thesaurus handy lol.


Signed copy since she
visited the bookstore.



Started this on the recommendation from a friend. It's a slow burn, slow read, but good so far. Another big fat book this summer. Seems to be a theme this year. I have 2 more chonkers in line. Heading to Asheville on Monday and this is a good Asheville book -- timing worked out well.






This is the return to the library. Fast read, nothing fantastic, but I enjoyed it. The ending was wrapped a little too tight, but that's fluff book for you, and feel-good feels good these days.





No answers on my stomach yet. It's churning and burning. Evaluating from a "bathroom emergency" perspective. Can a run an out and back without needing to GO?!?! Undetermined at this point. I can pivot to a Peloton ride if I'm not completely confident. 

Have a good Saturday. Later gators. 

No comments:

Post a Comment