Thursday, September 17, 2026

Wordy

I made another decision yesterday. 

I scrapped the in-person 3 hour meeting. It was important information, but I can get that information from the meeting notes. The time was approaching and I suddenly felt like it wasn't a good idea to go. Don't know why. So I went with that feeling. 

(I did attend the online meeting for another volunteer activity.) 

In order to have time to do-all-the-things, I need to use my time more carefully. For example ... I did the road cleanup the day before with this group. Good use of my time. The evening meeting? Not a great use of my time this week.

It's nice to have the group together and be together in-person, but I see the ones who participate regularly anyway. I don't necessarily need that in-person time when I'm overextended. Maybe I need to get better about doing things SOMETIMES. Sometimes I attend, sometimes I don't. Action vs meetings -- another distinction in how to prioritize. 


Spent the evening with my husband instead. Got to bed at a more reasonable hour. Finished watching The Perfect Lie. It's Dutch -- dubbed or subtitled. We watched dubbed and it wasn't too distracting. The ending. Wow!! It reminded me of The Hunting Wives. 


I have a quieter day today, but I have a number of little things to do that are the things I like to make time to do (this was a strange sentence hah). Hubby is gone on a golfing overnight so I have space to do these things uninterrupted. 

(1) Postcard to my penpal. It's been a minute. 

(2) Thank you letter to my friend's mom. She paid for the peaches and said to donate it forward. I made the donations so I want to write and tell her about it. Someone 93 probably likes getting a letter instead of a text. 

(3) Prep to plant the garden for the food bank donation.

(4) Pickle the peppers. I have SO MANY. 

Mixed with this is a coaching call, a quick lunch with a friend, and a school pickup for my grandson (lots of car play this afternoon). 



I need to remember to get back to myself. Back to the things that feel fun and good and happy. I default to forgetting to have fun. 


Speaking of fun -- it's time for a new car. (That's not the fun part -- I don't want a new one, but I need one.) I ALWAYS get a white car with tan interior. Always. Color is calling to me though and I might go for something very bold. It's fun to think about it. Will I get sick of it immediately? Of course, it doesn't matter if I do. Doesn't change how the car drives, but maybe, why not be a little out-of-my-box. 

A hiccup with this decision is it's tight for carseats. How do we figure this out? Hubby gets his choice in car with zero thoughts of anyone else -- small, FUN convertible so I'm left to have a car that accommodates our family needs. His car can't fit any carseat. That doesn't feel fair to me. Spent a lot of years compromising to meet family needs for things like this. 

The other car in the running is fine. Good room. All neutral color choices, so I'll get the white/tan option. Same as always. The other neutrals don't interest me (gray, silver, black, etc).

I'm looking for solutions. Of course, I haven't test driven either yet and that might eliminate the bold choice. I just want it to be my decision. Something I really want, not something I had to compromise because others aren't compromising. 


Okay, that was a tangent. I've been very wordy today.
Best get the day going. Have a great day. Later gators. 

No comments:

Post a Comment