Me hiking. It was unusual light -- a rare moment that the low sun came through a gap in the trees. The trail is totally shaded otherwise. The shadows were funny.
9.5 miles with decent elevation. Fast as I could muster. Felt good to hold the commitment and make the time.
PT changed some things up and moved me to next steps. I have an appointment at the end of the month that I can cancel if everything feels good. I'll start the "new" after this trip (per her suggestion).
New includes scheduling pilates in October. I'm really excited to try this and have high hopes that this can help me strengthen without injury so I can get to a fitness level for a hiking trip (i.e. successive days of big hikes). I need to figure out the details and get something booked.
My ear is still clogged and popping with some pain. I've never had this happen before. Pretty please don't let this become an ENT visit. It's not worse, but the medications don't seem to be doing much to relieve it. I'm concerned for the flight.
Took care of a lot on my list yesterday, but today is still packed to the gills. There's a lot of last minute things before traveling. Good news is I have the whole day.
I'm going to be a broken record right now. Next week is another "too much" week where I'm searching for time to fit MY things into the week. I had a huge volunteer add-on with a court report due and the information won't be available until Monday (I'm still traveling). The report is due on Tuesday and Tuesday is already filled with commitments.
Honest to god, I MUST get better about space. September is already too much, so I'm focusing on October. It's very open and I want to keep it this way. I want time to build up hikes and rock paint and do a freezer cook-up and get to Asheville, etc. I have to make choices and I have to prioritize. These are the things that keep getting pushed, or cut back or canceled. I'm doing it to myself.
Or I need to get more stamina to work into the evening to finish out my day. Maybe that's an option for September??
Okay, lucky for you, I have to get going and my rant-on-repeat is cut short. Hah! I know this is eye-rolling and everyone else can probably see the obvious solution that I can't. Feel free to bop me over the head with the answer.
Anyway, thanks for hearing me out.
Have a good day. Later gators.
No comments:
Post a Comment