I did the pepper donation to the local food bank -- over 4 lbs.
It was very easy and now I have a place to share extra produce. The food bank says their clients love getting local garden grown produce.
Then I headed to my aunt's for her neighborhood garage sale. Not as big as last year, but I got a couple of toys for my grandson and a flannel shirt for me (it was 96 out -- will I ever be able to wear it??). Drove past a state park (where I regularly hike). They put up a flag for every person lost on 9-11 (on the big anniversary years). It's a somber sight and a remembrance of a time when we came together.
My new phone came. Hubby says I'm probably the only person in the world that hates a new phone. Spent hours trying to get everything up and running. More trouble shooting this morning since my Oura ring wasn't connecting again. Practicing the camera too -- me and Duke waking up.
P.S. This was like the 5th photo I took. The others -- whoa, where did that old lady come from hahaha.
Angle and lighting -- takes off 20 years and 3 chins, but Duke always looks cute.
I suppose I'll be happy that I have a working phone again, but the setup -- good lord. I still have things to re-sync and such.
This morning is the 5K in the refugee town. It's going to be 80 degrees at the start with full sun. I'm so on the fence about going. Nothing fun about running in that heat. I have to go early enough to find parking, packet pickup, and walk the swag back to my car in time for the start. All in the heat and sun. No one is going with me this year again, so I don't feel an obligation.
Worth it?? I'm not sure. I also don't feel great -- almost like a cold coming on, but I'm not exactly sick.
Of course it's only 3 miles. I can walk as much as I want -- who cares about finishing time. I need to decide in 15 minutes so I can get out the door.
Let me go open the door and see how humid it is -- that makes a difference. We were suppose to get storms last night to break some of the humidity, but they never came.
I guess there's not a bad decision. I'll be fine if I don't go and happy if I do. Probably I should "choose the bigger life" and go ... but, this week's theme is backing out lol.
My afternoon is test driving cars -- I need a new one of those too. Geez. Nothing lasts long. BTW, I don't like getting a new car either and hate test driving. Technology change is overwhelming and 2 things in one month -- ugh. (And, I know, not a problem and we're very fortunate to be able to replace old things.)
Dinner plans with our neighbors. Trying a new restaurant. Italian, but they have "good" GF.
Have a great Saturday.
Later gators.
No comments:
Post a Comment