Duke had me up 4 times last night with stomach issues.
I turned off my alarm this morning and slept until 7 o'clock. This means I'm missing the morning coffee meeting. I guess this is a week that I sag out of things.
Maybe I needed this. Maybe I needed to reset by allowing myself to pull out of some commitments. I pull out when I'm sick. Maybe I needed this for my emotional health this week.
When circumstances change, maybe the adjustment can sometimes be in my favor (i.e. extra morning sleep was more important than coffee today). Circumstances out of my control. Choose to be extra tired today or go to the coffee meeting as planned. I chose me today.
Coaching was good. Dare I say, I think she's better than the person running the program. Her energy and what she "offers" is thought provoking. My takeaways were some logistical suggestions and a validation that I know what I need. This requires me to do the work, make choices, etc. but helps me to trust I know what I need and I can figure out how to get it. The way she walked me through that insight was excellent.
Lunch with my friend was nice too.
However, the day ran away from me and I didn't get to most of my to-do list. I picked and pickled some of the peppers -- 6 pints I had in the refrigerator. This is from yesterday and I don't have enough jars or vinegar -- it's more than I did yesterday.
Hmmm ... maybe I should try to donate to the food bank today? I have the donation app now.
Okay, cutting this short to see if I can make that happen.
Have a great start to the weekend.
Later gators.
No comments:
Post a Comment