Sunday, August 16, 2026

Books, Musical, Color

The author talk was really good. Excellent moderator with good questions. The author was funny and energetic. Turns out I read the book in March and I enjoyed it -- gave it 4.25 stars.

The free talk was so popular that it was moved to a different location to accommodate everyone. The seats were narrow (but comfortable), but were setup with no room between them. It was so tight and I couldn't get in a good position -- it set off my neck for the evening. That was a bummer. Otherwise a really good way to spend an afternoon.






More enjoyment of The Arts today. I'm seeing a musical at our local theater with a quick lunch before. It's SO HOT that I probably won't walk -- it's THAT uncomfortable. Dew point and humidity and temperature. The trifecta of summer misery. Going with the same friend.


COLOR is having a moment. The color flip book from the color analysis finally came and it's much more helpful picking clothes than the little card. Paying attention to what color looks nice on me is surprisingly fun.

I also bought this Japanese book about color pairings. There are multiple volumes. It's an interesting way to put color together in fashion or decor or art. Unexpected combinations that work because of the science of the color wheel. Match that with MY colors and wham -- clothes styling as an art. I'm not at that level, but I'm curious about it.








As fall is on the horizon (can't get here fast enough), I'm looking ahead at what I want from this season. Of course, elections and that's stressful, so I'm leaning hard on balancing that with creativity and the arts. 

Still mulling it around. Projects around the house and garden that tap into creativity. Exploring more local art interests -- museums, art displays, theater productions, art classes. I like intentional planning. 

Saying yes to out-of-the-box stuff. Hosting more casual moments.

I'm also exploring a new path for fitness. Gearing up for qualifying for the hike trip. Pilates to help strengthen and realign my posture. Staying injury free -- pretty, pretty please. Focusing on PT to help with these goals. 

Gretchen Rubin talks about leaning into a season (I think it's her). I don't always do that, but this fall feels like a moment to do a little redefining. September being the second January kind of thing. 


Okay, best get going. I'm giving my body a break today. Balancing exercises, a couple of leg strengthening squat movement (need to be careful on this because my back is tired), and meditation. I think I'll do a little future self visualization -- Fall Edition.

Have a good Sunday. Later gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment